Saturday, August 02, 2008

I Love My Point & Shoot

I've got some friends who swear by their SLR camera. I think that's what they're called....you know, those cameras with the big lenses? Well, I have a Canon Power Shot Elph which is small enough to fit in my pocket, easy to carry in my purse at all times...and if you play with the settings a bit, I think it takes some very high quality pictures.

For example, Reese had a playdate on Thursday, so of course I brought along my camera.

I love how it captured the water droplets on his chin....

I was across the pool, probably 30 feet away, with the camera zoomed in on Reese. It has really nice clarity & focus, considering he was moving the entire time!
The bottom-lip-out thing is exactly what Daddy does when he's thinking. Who knew genetics played a part in facial expressions? And check out the bulging vein in Reese's neck....
As a side note, these were the coolest water shooters ever. They were made out of a pool noodle type material, and you pulled the bottom 1/4 out and it drew water into the barrel. Then you pushed the bottom together with the top and the water shot out in a stream.

I swear, we fight with water guns all the time. They never last, always leak, & are hard for little hands to fill. These were AWESOME!

1 comment:

frog ponds rock... said...

I love my point and shoot as well.I am using a pentax optio E40 at the moment. I would love a digital SLR but I can't justify spending $1000 on a camera....

Cheers Kim