Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Snips, & Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails....

Perhaps Reese isn't a boy made of any of THOSE things, but he sure loves anything that a person would label "boy" things!
Reese found a Bob The Builder interactive book that we've had for months, but he hasn't shown much interest in until last night. He had fun identifying shapes, counting, matching sounds with pictures, & using the "pen" to record his answers.
At the car wash today, Reese got out of the car & found a real treasure...a golf course pencil on the ground! He thought the mini size was way cool, and he followed me around taking lots of notes.

CoOp met today at the Wiggly Play Center in Frisco, and Reese had a blast!!! He played for over 3 hours solid, and on the way out, the kids found Captain Feathersword hats and swords...pirate friends rock! Reese took a 3 1/2 hour nap once we got home!!!

Reese called me outside to "see something big", which is usually an interesting surprise of one sort or another. Boy, what a surprise it was! Reese found this HUGE spider by the back door and wanted Mommy to catch it. My "oogie" factor was going through the roof, because these spiders, which I call Wolf Spiders (although I'm not sure if that's the real name) can jump far and jump on you and jump fast...you get the point. The last thing I wanted to do was scare Reese for life with my screaming after a spider pounced on my face. So maybe I exaggerate a tad, but these spiders really do give me the heebie-geebies.
I found a good spider-catching tub, since I couldn't find our bug catcher. I'm sure this once held some yummy goody from a friend or family member, but now it holds a BIG spider. Just how big? Check this out...

Here's "Spider Spoo" (as Reese named him) in front of a quarter. Big Big Spidey. So we kept Spidey Spoo for the afternoon, Reese loved watching him clean each leg meticulously with his mouth (?), and Mommy let Spider Spoo go in the rose bushes at dusk. Honestly, I hope to never see this spider again. He's obviously doing a great job catching bugs at night, so I just hope Spider Spoo has a long & happy life far away from the house!

No comments: