Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sharing A Secret....


Driving around Maui two weeks ago, Jeff & I were talking about who-knows-what as we took in the beauty. Reese was in the back seat, buckled in & kind of quiet. As we stopped for gas, & Daddy got out of the car, Reese decided to confess....


Reese: "Mommy, if I tell you something I did wrong, will you not punish me?"


Mommy: "Well, I might get mad, and we'll talk about what you did, but I won't punish you. You know it's important to tell Mommy the truth."


R: "Remember when we were at Disney World and the Space Mountain man said I was too short to ride?"


**Side note...this was THREE Disney trips ago...about six months ago...nothing recent!**


M: "Yes, I remember. You were really sad."


R: "I was. Then I gave the Space Mountain man the middle finger behind my back. I'm sorry."



It was all I could do to stop myself from giggling! He's a very good boy, and he was so frustrated because he couldn't go back on Space Mountain after someone else had already let him ride.


He full well knows it's a "cuss word" with your hand.


He promised he wouldn't do it again.


But what on Earth made him feel the need to confess after all this time? I was proud of him for telling the truth, when he absolutely knew it was forbidden to put up your middle finger & telling on himself might get him in trouble.


I think *that's* the important choice in the whole scenario, you know?

6 comments:

Mrsbear said...

That's so sweet. It was probably eating him up. lol. I might have given the dude a secret birdie too, Space Mountain is THE ride. ;)

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

ok that was so sweet!

I love the random stuff that they say

Such a good little boy!

Anonymous said...

That is priceless! I love it. My kids have been taught that punishment is less harsh when they are honest about their mistakes and repent of them. Isn't it our Heavenly Father who does the same thing for us time after time?! Way to go Reese...and way to go Mommy!

JD at I Do Things said...

Awwww! That has obviously been bothering the poor little guy for 6 months! I hope he felt better after confessing.

Shar said...

That is SO funny! What a good kid to actually confess!

Savor The Days said...

It's so cute how they remember the oddest things but so sweet that he wanted to tell you about it.