Monday, July 07, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again...

OK--I'm getting back on my Bloggy Horse and will continue my regular updates! No more pouting...

Last week, we took Buddy to the vet. He felt really, really hot & he couldn't walk much at all. By the time we arrived at the vet, his temperature was 106 (100-102 is normal for a dog) and the vet was very concerned. Bloodwork turned out fine, so we decided to treat for general issues (inflammation, pain, & possible infection) instead of spend untold $$$ to continue diagnostic procedures (Xrays, more bloodwork, etc).

While we were at the vet waiting between bloodwork & solutions, I found this model of a dog's back half. Reese & I talked all about bones, the spine & spinal cord, ball & socket joints, cartilage, etc. He had a great time looking at the cards that came with the model & it easily entertained him for about an hour!

Wednesday, we hopped over to Bounce World for CoOp. Reese thought he was really funny throwing balls at me...
As always, Reese's imagination is in full swing. Here, he's "Mr. Nandu" and is off on an adventure...
He got so cracked up when I would take his picture & show him what he looked like...
Reese had hot chocolate in a mug while I was putting laundry away. I came in & found this:
Luckily, he was standing on top of a blanket & didn't make a mess on the floor. He later told me he thought I was really mad when I sad "Please don't move." I had to explain that I wasn't mad, but I wanted to grab my camera before he wiped himself up at all :)

He said he was trying to get a drink, then he "took a breath & it went everywhere." Hmmmm. Whatever the reason, I couldn't help but laugh, & be glad he was standing on a blanket instead of the rug!

4 comments:

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Ha that is so funny - I am always taking pictures of people crying, people in time out, people in trouble, messy people - that is my first reaction. :) Not oh stop but oh wait - I gotta grab my camera!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes that's cute. I am working on a "series" of photos of accidents around the house -- I have several so far of spilled cereal, milk, various snacks and other accidents! It sort of takes my frustrations away when I stop, take a picture, and then clean up. I find I'm not so mad after all!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

This is great! Perhaps this blogging thing is great for these types of things that might otherwise make us angry. Instead, we see the humor in it and reach for our camera!

- Margaret

ann said...

Great creativity - take advantage of the teachable moment.