Today we met a group of friends for a beautiful Fall hike! I never knew such a valuable set of hiking trails was just a few miles from our house. Reese & I will go back again for sure!
Here are a few of the things our guides shared with us today:
· A snake skin (a very long one)
· Beaver skull
· Turtle skull and shell
· Coyote poop along the trail
· Seed pods and varies seeds
· Learned about early Texas Settlers at the Homestead
· Made fresh butter from cream!
One of the guides taught us this authentic butter churning song:
Reese is by the garden gate; waiting for a butter cake.
Come butter come. Come butter come.
Check out what else we did today!