Monday, April 16, 2007

I love when Reese wants to help with household chores. He's great about helping sort the laundry & load the washing machine (with Mommy right there!). He is the best about picking up his toys when I ask him to (although I don't ask for a clean up nearly enough!). He gets so excited about helping vacuum, sweep, mop, you name it. Lately, his chore of choice has been helping unload the dishwasher. The sliverware is his domain, so I take all the knives out first and he puts the sliverware away. Again, it's letting go of "The Way" to do things and letting Reese do it his way. Clearly, he knew forks went in one slot and spoons in another, and he took his time to make sure the utensils were in the proper places. Of course, when he was busy with his next project I rearranged the drawer with the forks and spoons sorted by size...but this picture makes me proud because Reese worked really hard to put things in their place.
I used this foam board for a project, and Reese found this leftover piece on the table. If you look closely, it's in the shape of the letter L. Reese pointed this out to me before I noticed and asked to paint his L. Turned out really cute & he wanted it up on his wall.

Cleaning up the splattered paint on the floor. I LOVE our concrete floors at times like this!

Reese's friends Erin and Nicole had a Princess birthday party this weekend, and the boys were invited to wear their costumes. We had Batman, Spiderman, a Fireman, and Reese went as Buzz Lightyear. Another time to wear that Halloween costume from last year...sweet! Before the party, he was all about pretending like he was Buzz Lightyear and jumping off the steps to "fly".
Loads of fun with bubbles outside tonight. I am trying to avoid that huge bubble popping in my face. Perhaps a *bit* animated...but Reese thought I was hillarious!

Check out those bubbles!

No comments: